Sunday 14 December 2014

Cambridge Satchel Company Event || Blogmas Day 14


I recently went along to the Cambridge Satchel Company's event in George street because they have a pop up store there which to clarify is an actual shop that's staying around for a while (not sure why it's called a pop up shop!)

It was really inspiring to see products and successful business woman Julie Deane because she set up her business in her kitchen in Cambridge and now she owns and manages a very well known brand. I absolutely adore the story behind her company, Julie needed to make money to pay school fees for her children so in 2008 she started making satchels with her mother in her own kitchen. They started with a £600 budget and her turnover four years later is £10 million a year, I don't know about you but I think that's amazing! I also think Julie is a great role model for all the right reasons and she provides the proof that if you have a passion for something and you work hard you can turn it into success.


The company has since branched out from their satchels which is something that I learnt from the event and they now do backpacks, clutch bags, handbags, trunks notepads and keyrings. I absolutely love their Oxblood handbag and I think the backpacks have a lot of character too.



One of my favourite things about the Edinburgh store is it has stayed so true to the brands roots with kitchen tables and shelves used to display the products which I think is a really nice touch.


The most exciting part of the event was that they were giving all us bloggers our very own personalised keyring. We even got to see them being made which was really interesting and with it being Christmas time I was wishing I had got my mums initials on it because it would have made a really nice gift! I got mine in purple and I absolutely love it.


I also got to catch up with some of my favourite people Jodi, Sultana, Louise and Katie which was lovely and after all the fun me and Jodi went to Costa to rest our tired legs and have a chat!



What do you think of The Cambridge Satchel Company?

Lots of Love,









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and give me feedback, I really appreciate it and I read and reply to all the comments! x