Wednesday 6 January 2016

2016 || Goals and Aims


I'm not a massive lover of New Years Resolutions because I think sometimes if you put too much pressure on yourself it makes it harder to achieve something. However, I think it's a nice idea to have a list of goals and things that you want to achieve in the following year so you have something to aim for. Last year I posted my 2015 New Years Resolutions on my blog and I actually achieved nearly every single one of them which I'm really proud of so I thought I would share this years ones too!

♥ Read at least 20 books. I love reading and it's something I don't have much time for anymore but this year I want to make sure I set aside some time to read at least 20 because I know how much enjoyment they give me. 

♥ Be more mindful. As I have anxiety, I am absolutely terrible for living my life worrying about whats happened in the past or what is going to happen in the future. So for me, a massive focus this year is to focus on the present because the here and now is all we've really got so we should focus on making that the best we can and in doing that a good future will be formed.

♥ Make at least three new friends. I'm such a people person, I love hearing peoples stories and talking to people so for 2016 I'd like to make at least three new friends. I think this will be pretty easy because I'm planning on getting a new job this year when I finish university so I should meet plenty of new people through that. You can never have too many friends!

♥ Go to the gym more. Generally I'm really good at going to the gym but when university gets really busy, it's one of the first things that I let slip. I feel so much better mentally and physically when I go to the gym so I'm going to try hard to fit it in regularly around uni.

♥ Eat healthier. I am quite possibly the fussiest eater you could ever meet, I'm just not a fan of food unless it's pizza, pasta or potatoes. Naturally, this is not a very healthy diet so I'm going to try much harder this year to introduce new, healthier alternatives. Including eating more fruits and veggies.

♥ Focus on my blog. My blog is my passion and when I'm at uni, it gets side lined a lot and I really do miss it. So I'm going to try stay on top of it and also when I finish uni in May, I want to work really hard on it.

♥ Have a selfish year. This one may sound a bit strange but for the past few years, I've spent far too long trying to keep everyone else happy even if that leaves me unhappy as a result and this year it's all about the girl power. I want to do things I want to do, do them well and most importantly do them for me. 

♥ De-clutter. I am such a hoarder both emotionally and physically. I hold on to things that serve me no purpose or real use and all it does is cause anxiety, stress or general mess. So that's a big one I would like to focus on  this year,  ridding myself of clutter in my house and also from my mind.

♥ Start YouTube. This is something I've wanted to do for a while but again while I'm at uni it's just another thing I do not have time to take on. Once I leave university though I think I'd like to have a youtube channel alongside my blog because some things are much easier to convey by video rather than writing! 

What are your New Year Resolutions?

Lots of Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and give me feedback, I really appreciate it and I read and reply to all the comments! x