Saturday 1 February 2014

Sun Kissed, Urban Decay Naked Palette Tutorial/Look



Hellooo my lovelies,

Since it's the first of February, I wanted to do a sort of tutorial that you could use for Valentines Day or for any occasion you have coming up. I did a look on my little sister using my Urban Decay Naked Palette so I've taken some pictures to show you. If you recreate this look then please post me some pictures so I can check them out! I'll tell you what products I used on her face as we go along! I was really happy with the finished look and so was she! I don't have many 'before' pictures because she's 15 and obviously is a bit self conscious about being exposed bare faced to the interwebs so I hope that's alright!


Finished Look


Half Baked and Buck, the two colours I used.



On her eyes I have Urban Decay Naked's 'Half Baked' because the glittery gold really brings out her lovely blue eyes and makes them pop! I then blended this out into the crease with the dark brown matte shade in the original Naked Palette 'Buck'.





 For her eyes I used Barry M's black liquid eyeliner to line her upper lid which makes her lash line appear thicker and fuller giving the illusion that she has longer eyelashes. The mascara we used was Lash Vegas by Barry M and the pencil we used was just a standard black eyeliner which has been sharpened so much I can't tell what the name was haha! (oops!)




 Beth doesn't actually fill in her eyebrows (unless using a lead pencil counts..don't ask!!) and the closest colour I could find to match them was 'Tease' from the Naked 2 Palette. Using an eyeshadow to fill in your eyebrows will create a more natural, flawless look which simply cannot be achieved by using a pen or a pencil. Always fill in your brows with a matte shade though because you definitely don't want sparkly eyebrows! I used my MAC 266 angled brush to fill in her brows and it is the best brush I have found to do the job!

Tease in Urban Decay Naked 2

This look is quite full on so it would be ideal for parties or occasions but it could also be toned down by using less bronzer and using a nude lipstick. I actually really like orange lipstick on Beth but she didn't really think she suited it (give us your opinions in the comments!) I have done different hair styles on her aswell so you can see what it would look like with different looks!

Sleek Pixie Pink Blusher
Sleek Face Contour Kit in 'Light'







The foundation I used on her is the Maybelline Dream Liquid Foundation in Ivory which is Beth's everyday foundation. It's actually really nice in creating a flawless finish and I buffed this into the skin with a Real Techniques buffing brush to create the 'flawless' effect on her skin. She does have really nice skin already but by spending time buffing it into skin, I've avoided using a primer because the foundation alone was enough to even out the skin. It also really helps create that 'airbrushed' look which fools everyone into thinking you have naturally perfect skin! It's a really good foundation for those who are still at school or on a budget because it isn't too expensive either.



MSF - Soft and Gentle
 On her cheeks I used Sleek's Blusher in Pixie Pink with a Real Techniques Blush Brush which just added a healthy glow to her cheeks that looks like a natural 'Winter flush'. To highlight her cheekbones, I used Benefit's Watt's Up highlighter which is a gorgeous champagne coloured highlight and I used MAC's mineralised skin finish in Soft and Gentle under and over her brow bone to uplift and define them. I also lightly dusted Soft and Gentle over her forehead and then used Watt's Up down the bridge of her nose and on her cupids bow I used a tiny bit of Nars Copacabana illuminator. To bronze all over her face, I used Sleek's Face Contour kit in light on my Real Techniques blush brush for her cheeks and her jaw bone and then with a Real Techniques contour brush for around the forehead and for slimming her nose.




      







 Under her eyes I used Bobbi Brown's corrector in light-bisque to help correct the bags under her eyes and then covered that with Bobbi Brown's Concealer in Cool Sand. I patted this in with my Real Techniques buffing brush but you can achieve an equally as good effect by patting it gently with your fingers. I set her make up with the famous Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Sand Storm and my Real Techniques Powder Brush to help keep all shine at bay! It's a really good idea to use a mattifying powder to stop your skin getting the wrong kind of 'glow'. The orange lipstick I used was 'In Love with Ginger' by Rimmel London.














The pink lipstick colour I used on her was Revlon's Lip butter in Strawberry Shortcake which is the perfect pretty pink. It's really nice on Beth and looks quite natural, it would be a great one for wearing to school.







Did you like this look? Which lipstick do you think looks best, the pink or the orange? If you like posts like this and would like to see more then let me know and I'll make sure I do that for you!

Disclaimer- All these pictures are exactly as they were when taken. I have not edited them or touched them up in any way :-).

My Previous Urban Decay Naked Palette Posts:-
Naked 1 & 2 - http://whatabbyloves.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/hello-my-lovelies-urban-decay-are.html
Naked 3 - http://whatabbyloves.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/urban-decay-naked-3-palette-review.html

Lots of love,
A x x x








4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! The brown and gold go lovely with her complexion! They really make blue eyes pop! :-) x

      Delete
  2. Awww how gorgeous is your little sister?! Beautiful make up looks my lovely xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! Was scared to put this up in case people didn't like it! I'm sure she'll love seeing that in the comments!:-) xxxxx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and give me feedback, I really appreciate it and I read and reply to all the comments! x