Saturday 4 October 2014

JFK Nails


I absolutely love getting my nails done, it's one of my favourite things to do because I am terrible at painting my own nails so getting someone to do them for me is a real luxury. I also absolutely love gel nails and acrylics but they're obviously not the best thing for your nails so I'm on a break from them for the foreseeable.

 I was invited to an event at the JFK salon near the meadows in Edinburgh and the lovely nail girl there Katie did my nails for me. I went for a standard nail polish because like I say I'm on a break from gel nails and I was so surprised at how amazing they turned out.

 I wasn't sure what to go for so I let Katie do whatever colour she wanted and she said she was going to make my nails have a lovely cosmic effect. She first put a black essie polish on and then applied this lovely shimmery top coat which I must find out the name of because the two together looked incredible. It gave a lovely duo chrome effect, in some lights it looked purple and in others it looked a stunning electric blue.

 I've had so many compliments on these nails and they looked very much like gel nails even though they aren't. If you live in the Edinburgh area and want your nails done I'd 100% recommend Katie Jane from the JFK salon, the one on Bruntsfield Place, because she's such a lovely, chatty girl and does one of the best jobs I've ever had done on my nails. I get my nails done a lot and there's only two girls in Edinburgh that I've had them done by that I'd recommend! The other being the lovely Suzanne from Bo Chic in Portobello. I will definitely be back to get my nail fix again soon!

Katie Jane's facebook page
Lots of Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and give me feedback, I really appreciate it and I read and reply to all the comments! x