Thursday 1 January 2015

New Years Resolutions

New Years Resolutions are something I gave up making a long, long time ago because I always used to make them and break them within a couple of days. However, this year I have decided to make some acheivable resolutions and to share them with you guys so that I have to stick to them and if I don't then you can all think of a suitable way to punish me!!

♥ My first one is a pretty big one for me and that is to only depend on myself. I know that sounds really stupid but I'm one of those people that rely on other people to be happy and I get security off others almost. Then it's scary that if you fall out with that person or they are no longer in your live that you'll be really hurt. So that's a big one for me- become stronger within myself.

♥ My second one is to read more. I love reading books and it makes me really happy but I don't make enough time to read with my busy lifestyle.

♥ Spend more time with friends. Whilst I'm at university I always get so bogged down with coursework and tutorials and exams that I don't get to see my friends as much as I would like too. I also often let anxiety get the better of me and won't do something because of something involved that scares me which leads me onto my next resolution..

♥ Do more things that scare me. This may sound like a weird one but from someone who has come from being embarassingly shy and has anxiety trust me it works. If you push yourself into doing things that make you feel uncomfortable they soon become things you are comfortable with. I think I'm going to do a post going more into this in the New Year if anyone would like to read it?

♥ Be a nicer person. Just generally try to be more generous, more caring, more appreciative and to ignore negativity. I'm really bad for getting so wound up about things other people do and letting it bother me when really they don't care, the only person I'm hurting is me so let it go *bursts into song* 

♥ Go to more blog events. As I mentioned before my anxiety has led to me turning down invites to things simply because I'm too nervous but I'm going to make a massive effort next year to prevent this.

♥ Save money. I have a lot of expensive things I need/want to buy next year- I really want my own car and also a Macbook for improving my blog and I also really want to move out ideally within the next three years so I need to stop frittering the pennies away and work hard! 

♥ Work hard on my blog. I really want to grow my blog because I love doing it and it's become more than I ever imagined it would so I'd like to continue that in 2015. Whether that's learning technical ways to improve it or making improvements to my posts etc.

♥ Don't chase people. If someone wants to be in your life then welcome them but if they want to leave it then let them! I've wasted far too much of my life chasing 'fake friends' or people who don't make any effort or only want you when they need you. Don't waste your time hounding these people trying to make them want to spend time with you, if they don't they don't and you don't need them.

Those are my New Years resolutions for 2015, don't be afraid to give me a row if you think I'm not sticking to these! What are your resolutions for 2015? 

Lots of Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and give me feedback, I really appreciate it and I read and reply to all the comments! x