Thursday 19 March 2015

Coloristiq || Review/Unboxing



Firstly I want to apologise that I've been M.I.A. for a week as university well and truly got on top of me and I've been super stressed out. It was between putting up scrambled half hearted posts or taking a week off so I opted for the latter and I hope you don't mind but now I'm back. It's the first 'break' I've ever taken from my blog since starting over a year ago and I really missed it!

Now we all know by now that I'm not a massive fan of beauty boxes, aside from My Little Box no other beauty box has appealed to me as anything more than glorified samples. However, I discovered this brand Coloristiq who have quite possibly created one of the best concepts for a beauty box, ever.


If you're anything like me then you'll probably have a massive nail polish collection but not one of them is finished, in fact not one of them is even close to being finished because you constantly add new colours and brands to your collection. This is all good and well but it's also a pretty expensive habit to keep up so Coloristiq essentially offer a nail polish rental service on a monthly basis.


Every month you get sent 3 nail polishes from your wish list that you create on their website. You get to apply 2 coats per application and 3 applications per bottle which is their fair use policy. For me when I paint my nails I mostly use three coats generally unless it's a pigmented polish but of course you could do three coats and only use each bottle twice. However, with my polishes all three of the nail varnishes I received were perfectly wearable with two coats, maybe I need to up the quality of the polishes in my collection! I wear nail polish all the time and usually can get a week out of polishes when they're high quality brands like this so nine applications of nail polish a month is definitely more than necessary to get by on these polishes alone.



They also work with high quality salon brands, as much as I love my Barry M gelly's, it doesn't really compare next to Essie, China Glaze and OPI. In my box I received this stunning coral colour from China Glaze which is called 'More To Explore' a beautiful purple metallic shade by Essie in 'the lace is on and a silver metallic by OPI in 'Birthday Babe'. I have waited to post this review until I had tried every single one of the polishes and now I have and can truly say all three have made it up there on my list of favourite nail polishes.


One of the best things about this box is that I would never have picked up 'Birthday Babe' in a shop cause it doesn't strike me as my sort of colour but actually on the nails it's really beautiful. The brand gives you a chance to not only try shades you're lusting after but ones you don't want to invest in but want to try out. Coloristiq even hygienically clean the bottles so that you know that despite different people using them there aren't any germs or nasties on them.

I did intend to take pictures of all three polishes on my nails but I'm so bad at painting my nails I can't do the polishes justice. However, if you pay close attention to past and future posts you may notice these three beauties on my nails!

The only negative I have with this is one that you have to be in to get the parcel, if it was an inch or two smaller it would fit through the letter box and our post office is a nightmare to get parcels from if you work full time/student full time. I also do wish that it was a box that sent you three nail varnishes a month to keep however that would only add to my ever growing nail varnish collection so its probably a good job they don't!

The subscription costs £14.49 a month and that includes postage and packaging, once your month is up you repackage the polishes, stick on the pre-paid label and pop it in your nearest postbox. I think I will definitely be subscribing to this service as soon as I've got through some of my massive nail varnish collection.

What do you think of Coloristiq?

Lots of Love,



* Post done in collaboration with Coloristiq but as always all views are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and give me feedback, I really appreciate it and I read and reply to all the comments! x