Sunday 10 August 2014

Non-Beauty Faves || July


 For my non-beauty favourites this month I've only got a few new favourites to share with you but I do love these kind of posts so I thought it was worth doing anyway.


 The first of these are my white chunky New Look sandals which I have been wearing to death ever since I got them. I'm not a massive lover of flip flops or anything with a toe thong because they tend to irritate my feet so this style of sandal is perfect for me. It keeps my feet nice and cool whilst looking stylish. They go with pretty much everything because they're white too so they have been a definite staple in my wardrobe. Mines are very, very dirty though so if anyone knows a good way to clean them then please do let me know!


 My biggest favourite this month has got to be Capri-suns. When I was younger I used to be obsessed with these and if I had a Capri-Sun in my lunchbox then it was going to be a good day but as I got older I just kind of forgot about them. I recently rediscovered them though and ever since I've been addicted again, especially when they're straight out of the fridge. I don't think they're the healthiest juice about though so I'm having to restrict myself! As you can see I love them so much I couldn't wait to take a picture first before drinking it so I had to try and reconstruct the packet for the photo *slaps wrists*.


 Another food/drink related favourite has been Hartley's little jelly pots. As I'm a vegetarian I had to stop eating jelly years ago because it has gelatin in it but these little pots don't so yippee I can eat jelly again. They're also ideal for snacking on because they're only 106 calories per pot so much healthier than a bar of chocolate but also still very tasty.


 Another massive favourite this month has been contact lenses, bit of a strange one but this is something I've struggled with for a while now. My eyesight isn't so bad that I need to wear glasses everyday but with things like reading road signs when driving and seeing bus numbers or even recognising people on the street I needed them. I really do not suit glasses though and could never find any I liked so I just walked about with bad eyes. I did try to put contacts in a few months back but after a few hours in Specsavers I left with very sore, red eyes after not managing to put them in and out successfully six times. So this Summer I set myself a challenge to try until I got it right and guess what?! I did it!! Yay no more squinting at signs or walking past people I know on the street! I can't even begin to tell you how good they are, it's like living in a new, much clearer world. I can't believe how much I missed out on before so I'm super glad I never gave up. If anyone is in the same situation then please do not give up, once you get the hang of it it becomes pretty easy to do!

 My tv favourite this month is Orange is the new black which is soo much better than I expected it to be! From the description of it on Netflix I wasn't sure I'd like it but it's hilarious! I still laugh about the 'Chocolate and Vanilla swirl' scene (if you watch it then you'll get my reference). It's very much adult humour though so not for the faint hearted. I'm still only on season one but as soon as I get time to myself it's the first thing I watch.

 I've not had a massive amount of time to myself this month because of working a lot and with all other life things, blog things and of course watching Orange is the new black I don't have time to play apps or discover new ones. So the only apps I've really been using are instagram and twitter (my handles are @whatabbyloves on both) but I have been really addicted to instagram lately!

What non-beauty things have you been loving the past month?

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and give me feedback, I really appreciate it and I read and reply to all the comments! x