Friday 28 November 2014

Edinburgh Castle || OOTN

Lisa Ferguson
Copyrighted work All rights Reserved


 On Saturday night I went to a 50th birthday party at Edinburgh castle which was very swish. I can only describe to you that it must be like what celebrity parties are like, fancy venue, a photographer, fancy food, security and pretty dresses. I never really do outfit posts because I find the whole posing while being photographed in public slightly awkward but I do like to share outfit looks with you guys. So I thought I'd make use of the photographers pictures and show you what I wore on the night.


Lisa Ferguson
Copyrighted work All rights Reserved

 My dress is from Forever 21, it's jade green and I really like it because the back is longer than the front which gives a really elegant look whilst giving me a reason to tan my legs... I was more tanned than it looks the flash has washed me out #palegirlprobs. My belt that I'm wearing is from Asos, my shoes are from Garage and my clutch bag is from Primark ages ago. It was one of those purchases where you buy it just knowing it will come in handy and this has so many times! Moral of the blog post is you can always justify buying another pair of shoes, bag, dress, lipstick that you don't need because one day you will need it.. you can thank me later for that one!  I also have a statement necklace on from Next and my rose gold Michael Kors watch.


Lisa Ferguson
Copyrighted work All rights Reserved

 If anyone is interested in what anyone else was wearing then let me know and I'll find out for you. I do know that Gary's shirt was from Next, trousers from Topman and shoes from Kurt Geiger.




 One of the best things about the night was the fantastic views from the castle, this picture does not do it justice because it was taken from my iphone but it was breathtaking. You never really get a view from the castle at night because it's only open to the public during the day so it was really nice to see. One thing I did regret though was not taking a pair of flats! I'm fine with walking in heels and never have to take them off etc but throw in 100 steps and steep cobbled slopes and I've got a slight problem. I was clinging onto Gary for dear life and had to borrow my aunties flat shoes to get back down the hill again. I wish I had my DSLR with me too because I would have got some stunning pictures of Edinburgh and the castle. We also got a private viewing of the Crown Jewels (the Queen's that is) but I couldn't take a picture because we weren't allowed.



 So I may have an obsession with penguins.. so when I saw this life size penguin and then found out it was in fact the birthday cake I was pretty impressed!! It's very apt to have a penguin at the time the John Lewis advert has just been released too, don't you think?




Obviously we had to get a picture in front of the flamed torches outside the castles main doors.

My gran really enjoyed the private magician! 
Lisa Ferguson
Copyrighted work All rights Reserved


Although I don't really have a close up of the make up I was wearing I'll tell you it in case you're interested anyway and I'll possibly recreate it in a post later on. 

L'Oreal True Match Foundation in the shade W4 Golden Natural (1 1/2 pumps)
Nars Sheer Glow in Mont Blanc (1/4 pump)
Nars Illuminator in Copacabana
Make-Up Revolution Concealer Palette 'light'
Collection Concealer 3
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Urban Decay Naked Palette 'Half Baked', 'Smog' and 'Buck'
L'oreal Liquid Liner
Rimmel Scandaleyes Flex mascara
Essence eyeliner in black
Maybelline the Falsies mascara
Eyelure lashes #101
Make-Up Revloution Sugar and Spice blush palette - peach shade
Sleek Face Contour - bronzer
Mac mineralized skin finish in Soft and Gentle
Mac Espresso - brows
Mac Pure Zen lipstick
Tanya Burr lipgloss in Afternoon Tea

Hope you enjoyed this post and let me know if you'd like more ootd posts or make-up look posts!

Lots of Love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and give me feedback, I really appreciate it and I read and reply to all the comments! x