Wednesday 7 May 2014

Spring/Summer || Make-up Must Haves


Hellooo my lovelies,

 No I have not just decided to pour half my make-up collection onto my bed and photographed it, this is actually my favourite Spring/Summer picks from my make-up collection. I was going to narrow it down into a smaller amount but I don't stick to one specific make-up look in Spring/Summer so I thought I'd keep it real with you guys and show you the products I'll reach for most this Spring Summer!

Left to Right:- Sleek Contour Kit and a very well loved Nars Laguna bronzer

 Bronze, Bronze, Bronze.. I am all about the bronzed glowy look especially in Spring and Summer! My alltime favourite bronzer for both contouring and bronzing up the skin is Nars Laguna which sadly I think I'm going to need to repurchase soon. It is pricy (around £26) but it lasts a long time and it is truly beautiful especially during the Summer and as always I still love my Sleek contour palette.


 The eye shadows I love in Spring and Summer are usually a lot more warm toned than I go for in the Winter so I love my original Naked palette by Urban Decay especially the shades Buck, Half-Baked, Smog and Darkhorse. I also really love the Collection work the colour eyeshadow pencil in 'Hot Chocolate' and I love it's cute name too!

Left to right:- Nars Orgasm blush and Sleek's Life's a Peach

 I have a lot of blushers that I will be loving in Spring/Summer and my old favourites Nars 'Orgasm' and Benefit's 'Coralista' are definitely included in this list!! Coralista is probably my most favourite and it's on the more coral side comapred to Orgasm which is similar but much more pink toned. The other two blushers I'll be reaching for this season are Sleek's 'Life a Peach' which is a orangey peach tone and Sleek's Californ.I.A. palette. I love this blush palette as it's cream blushers which is a much more fresh and dewy look for Spring.

Left to right:- Benefit Coralista and Sleeks Californ.I.A.


 Okay so my number one essential when the weather gets hotter and I'm sunbathing or out in the sun is a lip balm to protect my lips from burning. Lips are the number one area that gets painful (along with the soles of the feet) because people forget that they need protection too! Obviously the best one's are the ones with SPF in them but any lip balm has always worked for me, as long as it moisturises my lips. The best ones for Spring/Summer are those with a bit of colour in them and I love 'Pink Punch' and 'Peach Kiss' maybelline baby lips.

Tanya Burr lipgloss top to bottom:- Aurora, Afternoon Tea and Picnic In The Park

 Tanya Burr's lipglosses are a definite essential for this Spring/Summer, glossy lips are bang on trend and these three colours are the perfect shades for Spring and I just love them! There's a lot of controversy in the blogosphere about Tanya's lipglosses but I genuinely do think they are a nice product and will repurchase them. In saying that however, there are definite shades that I'd give a miss and I do think they are slightly too expensive for her product market of younger girls. Anywaaaay my shades that I'm Summer lovin' are 'Picnic In The Park' which is my all-time favourite, 'Aurora' and 'Afternoon Tea'.

Left to right:- Pink Pearl Pop and Pure Zen

 Spring/Summer lipsticks is a hard one because pretty much any colour goes except dark reds and purples. I tend to go for much brighter vivid pinks, corals and peaches but I also love a good nude for the Summer months too! I especially love 'Pink Pearl Pop' by MAC, 'Pure Zen' by MAC and YSL's rouge volupte in shade 15 'Peach Passion'.

YSL peach passion #15


 Highlighters I love is obviously my YSL touche eclat, there's no season that I will not love this baby in! My MAC soft and gentle mineralised skin finish which is a gorgeous highlighter all year round and finally my Benefit Watts Up highlighter. Watts Up is a gorgeous champagne shade and it looks especially nice during this season because it's a dewy highlighter so looks AMAZING when the sun hits off it.


  I'm loving these lip crayons for this season too, I have a Revlon one and two Bourjois ones that are ideal for Spring. Obviously orange lips are in season so 'Orange Punch' is fabby for a more subdued, sheer orange tone which is great for those who want to be on the orange trend but don't quite have the guts to pull it off (e.g. myself). Then the second orange shade is Revlon's 'Mischievous' matte balm which is a much more lighter, brighter orange shade. Finally my all time favourite is Bourjois' 'Peach on the beach' which is an amazing peach shade (obviously) and it's so pigmented and moisturising. I loved it last Summer and I shall love it all over again this one!!

Left to Right:- 'Afternoon Tea', 'Aurora', 'Picnic In The Park', 'Mischievous', 'Orange Punch', 'Peach on the Beach', 'Peach Passion', 'Pink Punch', 'Peach Kiss', 'Pink Pearl Pop' and 'Pure Zen'... Can you still I love me some Spring lippies?!

 Hope you enjoyed that lengthy post guys! What products do you love in Spring/Summer? Be sure to let me know in the comments below!

Full Reviews of Products Mentioned:-
Revlon Matte Balms || Review
Sleek Californ.I.A. palette review
Benefit Watts Up || Review
YSL touche eclat review || beauty best friend
Tanya Burr lips & nails || Haul & Review
Tanya Burr lips and nails || Haul, Review & Discount Code
Mac Soft & Gentle Mineralized Skin Finish || Review
Orginal Naked Palette vs Naked 2 || Comparison & Review

Previous Posts:-
Cremecup || MAC Mondays
Lifes A Beach
Skincare Saturdays || Sudocrem Saviour
Lots of Love,
A x x x

4 comments:

  1. Ah everything I just bought is on your must haves list! I must have done something right then :D. All of the colors of the items you have picked are definitely springy and I love them! I would say Spring/Summer is my favourite makeup looks because you can really use colour and get very otherwise dramatic eyeshadow looks without seeming a bit out there.

    I recently bought the Naked palette and I was wondering if you have any recommendations of how to achieve a natural everyday eyeshadow look? Thanks.

    -Shelby
    http://bittersweetshelby.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have indeed done something right girly! Yeaah I'm with you there, it's definitely easier to experiment with colour in Spring/Summer. Oooh I definitely have that! I love Sidecar all over with Buck in the crease that's gorgeous! Toasted and Hustle together are really nice but that is a darker eye but I'd wear it in the daytime! Smog and Darkhorse both look gorgeous alone and together. I also did a look using Urban Decays Naked palette in this make-up tutorial here if you wanna check it out- let me know what you think babe! http://whatabbyloves.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/sun-kissed-urban-decay-naked-palette.html xxx

      Delete
  2. I really want to get a naked palette - I just can't afford it! I am literally going to save up for ages I just really want one haha! I love the sleek blush and baby lips too :) xo

    www.strawberryabbie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and give me feedback, I really appreciate it and I read and reply to all the comments! x