Monday 16 June 2014

MAC Paints Peintures Primer || MAC Mondays


 Hellooo lovelies,

 This weeks MAC Monday is on an eyeshadow primer which aims to make your eyeshadow more long lasting, not crease and a lot more pigmented. I'm not entirely sure what the name of it is but I'm going with Paints Peintures since that's the only writing that it has on it...do let me know in the comments if you know this products actual name please!

 I bought this product quite a while back now before I even owned any proper eyeshadows but I made a decision that I wanted to wear more eyeshadow so on the same day of buying urban decay's naked palette I picked up this. What the girl in MAC failed to tell little innocent me who knew not very much about eyeshadow was that the naked palette actually comes with urban decays primer potion so really there was never a need for me to buy this... which was quite annoying.

 However since I barely go a day without eyeshadow now my original primer potion has long since ran out and I've gone through a few more of them since then too and I use this occasionally too. The product comes out in a beige cream which you then spread over the eyelid and under the lower lashline if you want your eyeliner to last extra long or if you like smudging eyeshadow out under your eye.

Far right swatch (I was swatching for several MAC Mondays at once here..can you tell?? hehe)
 I do like this product, it does what it's meant too, my eyeshadow lasts all day with this and results in no creasing BUT I just like my urban decay primer potion more. I'm not sure what it is but it just feels nicer and is waaay more travel friendly. With this one because it's foil packaging it's easily squished and it's very easy to squeeze out excess product. It was slightly cheaper than primer potion though, it's not on MACs website at the moment but I think I paid around £12/£13 for it whereas primer potion by urban decay costs £16. In my personal opinion I will most likely not repurchase this...not because it's bad, just because I've found something that works better for me!

Have you tried MAC's paint peintures? 

Lots of Love,
A x x x 

Previous Posts:-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and give me feedback, I really appreciate it and I read and reply to all the comments! x