Sunday 21 December 2014

Christmas Traditions Tag || Blogmas Day 21

1. When does Christmas start for you?
It's not Christmas until December, I get excited for it mid November but I won't start anything Christmassy before December because I feel that just ruins Christmas otherwise. 

2. What is one Christmas movie you have to watch?
Polar Express is one that I literally have to watch at Christmas but I always watch Elf too.

3. Do you bake or buy a Christmas cake?
I personally don't do either. Usually a member of my family bakes one but all my family gets together at Christmas so we usually have quite a few deserts to chose from.

4. When do you put up your Christmas tree?
If I had my way it would go up on the first but my mum and dad quite like the 12 days before Christmas rule but the past few years they've come round to my way of thinking and put it up on the first Saturday in December. 

5. Do you have a real or fake Christmas tree?
A fake one. When I have my own house I will definitely have a real tree!!! My mum isn't keen on them because of the pines shedding and she also likes to 'manipulate the branches' so her decorations can look just right hahaha.

6. When do you start playing Christmas music?
The first of December is when Michael Bubles Christmas album gets cracked out whilst I open my advent calender and dance around excitedly.

7. Do you use the same Christmas decorations every year or buy new ones?
We use a bit of both, all our decorations have a story behind them which is quite nice. We have picked ones up from different holidays over the year and for a while me and my sister used to pick a new decoration each year. Now we're both older though usually my mum and dad pick one. So we have many old ones with stories but every year a few new ones join the collection.

8. How do you spend Christmas Eve? 
Usually I like to spend it in my pj's watching Christmas films in front of the tv either with my sister or a friend or Gary. Quite often I'll go out for food or a few drinks with a friend to swap presents.

9. Advent calendar or no advent calendar?
Advent Calender!! I actually have two this year because I love them so much. I have a Frozen chocolate one which is definitely designed for young children with it's 'remember not to tell anyone what presents you've got them' and 'draw a Christmas picture' doors but hey hoe. I also have a Alison Gardiner picture one which is quite sweet.

10. Do you leave a snack out for Santa and his reindeer?
When me and my sister were younger we always used to leave out a carrot, a glass of milk and a mince pie which my dad would eat and leave the crumbs of so we thought Santa had been. I remember so vividly desperately trying to get to sleep on Christmas Eve because my parents had said that Santa wouldn't come if I didn't sleep. One Christmas I *heard* Santa's sleigh land on the roof and I was so over the moon that this had happened and boasted about this to all my family on Christmas day. To make it worse a dog had pooed at the end of our path and I was convinced it was reindeer poo.. I was very embarassed about this many years later when I found out the truth. I actually cried when I was told Santa didn't exist :( it was a very sad day! 

11. How does Santa get into your house?
He uses his magic key because I don't have a fireplace!

12. Mince pies, yay or nay?
Yuck, I'm a fussy eater at the best of times so not keen on those.

13. Snowballs, egg nog or mulled wine?
None, all are yucky.

14. What scents remind you of Christmas?
Cinnamon, Christmas tree scent and Yankee Candle Home Sweet Home.

15. How do you spend Christmas day?
We wake up, open all our presents, have a cooked breakfast, spend an hour with our presents, spend another few hours getting ready, go to my auntie and uncles house, see family, have a massive Christmas dinner. Then in the evening we have drinks, play games, chat and chill before doing it all again on Boxing Day with my dads family.

I tag anyone who wants to do this tag and please let me know in the comments how you spend Christmas and what your Christmas traditions are! I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas! 

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and give me feedback, I really appreciate it and I read and reply to all the comments! x